Terms & Conditions
By registering for our online classes you are agreeing to the following:
Permission/ Safety/ Clothing/ Space:
- In case of being an underage registering child, he/she must have gained permission from their parents/guardians to be online, and partake in 4M Dance Centre online classes.
- You will ensure that appropriate/ suitable clothing is worn for class.
- Please ensure that you have cleared adequate spacing well before your class is due to start.
- That, where possible, you will ensure webcams are located in a communal area.
- Participation in 4M online dance classes are at your/ their own risk.
- You understand, although rare, dance is a sport and injury may occur.
- Participants agree they will not sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against 4M or its members for any personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise
- 4M reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a participant’s registration and to reject or disqualify a participant from participating in any classes
Registration/ Fees :
- Fees are due prior to participation in a class. Once paid, fees are final, non-refundable , non-transferable and non-extendable.
- Once your purchase is confirmed, we will send you the link from our private Facebook group, where you will be added to our 8 consecutive classes. Once the 8 classes have run the course, the group will be deleted, introducing the new month ahead.
- Monthly online class will run for the full month. They will not be available for single class purchase. The class timetable for the month going ahead will be posted on our website, social media and also sent by email for your own records.
- The sharing of your online class link and password is strictly forbidden
- Participants are not permitted to record, download or share class content with non-participants and this includes the sharing, recording or downloading of 4M class content between devices, platforms or networks, which is strictly prohibited, unless permission to do so is provided by 4M
- Participants grant 4M the right to use images/ video footage for marketing and communication purposes deemed reasonable by 4M.
- 4M will not be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, serves, providers, computers equipments, software, traffic congestion on the Internet, etc.
The aim of 4M Dance Centre is to ensure that all students experience dance in a fun, friendly, positive and safe environment. In order to achieve this, please take note of the following guidelines. We would like to stress the importance of these guidelines in assuring the wellbeing of all students in the Studio. Any student unable or unwilling to adhere to the ethos of the school will be asked to leave after reasonable notice in line with 4M Dance Centre Terms & Conditions
It’s important for students to abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
• A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance.
• Teachers must be able to see the dancer’s body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
• Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face. Headband is allowed as long it is secured
• Jewellery should not be worn. Small stud earrings are acceptable.
• Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking. No food is allowed (except for over 2hs workshop)
• No fizzy drinks allowed.
• No jeans or short pants allowed (they are not dance attire). No street shoes are permitted in the classroom, changing shoes is only allowed inside the studio.
• Any color of leggings or tights are acceptable for all classes.
• Fitted clothes, Jazz pants, tanks and tops are appropriate for Hip Hop and all adult classes.
• Technical class students must wear tights or leggings, no hoodie or loose pants.
• Students should make sure that they keep their valuable personal items safely in a bag at all times.
• The School regrets that we cannot be held responsible if items go missing.
• Items left for more than a month in the studio will be given to charity shops.
It may be necessary for instructors to place hands on the student for proper placement and correction of body alignment, choreography and instructional purposes as well as body assessment. If you have any concerns regarding this matter, please contact the Management.
• We are unable to take responsibility for our students before or after their scheduled classes and it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure their child is picked up and dropped off on time.
• If the student is dropped off before time, we ask to parents or guardian to stay with them as we are running classes inside the studio and we would not be held responsible for what happens outside of the premises.
• In the case of an emergency or unavoidable delay, please contact the studio immediately to inform us of the situation so we can keep your child calm and safe until they can be collected.
• No student would be allowed to wait outside of the studio.
• Parents/guardians are asked to drive with due care when dropping off and collecting their children from classes.
As the studio is an international staff base we only allowed English in correspondence (emails, group messages and at the studio). That would avoid delays and quick answers from the staff itself. Students are only allowed to speak English in class.
• No kids can change class unless the instructor/management have decided for it according to the skills and commitment in class.
• We ensure everybody gets an equal opportunity and respect among the students itself.
• We have set a roster for classes running during the week if the student is not able to join a class you should speak with a member of the staff by setting a meeting and raising your concern.
• We will not allow your child to take part in a class that they are not included in with no exceptions
• The number of places in classes is limited and this is decided by 4M Dance Centre Management
• Where two or more siblings attend class, you will receive a 10% sibling discount on all classes.
• Students should strive for perfect attendance year-round. For students to participate in any performances they must attend regularly
• Attendance is taken each class. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class.
• Please notify the studio as soon as possible if a student will be absent from a lesson. This is especially mandatory in regard to rehearsals and performances.
• Make-up classes are offered as a courtesy; availability won’t be guaranteed.
• Dancers excessively absent from class prior to a show may be reduced or removed from the show at 4M Dance Centre Management discretion
• Long term absences (more than 3 weeks) without notice will automatically forfeit a student’s place in a class.
• The Studio Lesson Schedule is subject to change prior notice will be given
• Please let 4M Management know if your student will be going on vacation or has conflicting performances or sports events at the beginning of the semester.
• All 4M students are given the opportunity to perform
• Parents are responsible for purchasing necessary costumes from 4M Dance Centre by the due date
• Costume payments are non-refundable and non-transferable
• Parents are responsible for purchasing tickets for 4M Dance Centre performances in advance – 4M Dance Centre makes no guarantee that tickets will not sell out
• Tickets are non-refundable
• At the Instructors discretion a new student may be invited to perform regardless of enrolment date
• Dress Rehearsals and Show are held in place of normal class and included in your monthly tuition payment
• No video/flash photography allowed at studio rehearsals
• Students are required to remain backstage with instructors for the length of the full show – NO PARENTS are permitted backstage
• NO student will be released during a show – NO EXCEPTIONS
• There are no regularly scheduled classes the week of Dress Rehearsal or on Performance Days – the show activities replace all classes at the studio
• We are committed to educating our students, regarding model behaviour, to help dancers grow with love and respect the program. If for any reason a student does not meet the expectations outlined above, 4M Dance Centre enforces a 3-strike policy with regard to students misbehaving at the studio – in or outside of class.
– Strike 1 is a warning; student is still able to participate in dance class.
– Strike 2 at class time-out, student will be asked to sit to the side of the classroom and observe. The instructor will determine the length of time for the time-out.
– Strike 3 student will be asked to sit in our seating area until class is finished. In the case of a Strike 3, the teacher will talk to both student and parent about behavior issues.
• No running, yelling or rough playing
• No touching/handling possessions of other dancers without permission
• No cell phones in the studio (please keep turned off or on silence in your dance bag)
• Be respectful and kind to instructors, peers and staff
• Be willing to try a new dance or move. Put positive energy into your dance class
• If injured, tell the instructor prior to class. You may be instructed to modify moves for the day or just observe. If the injury it is considered unsafe for the student, we please ask to parent/ guardian to not bring the student to class unless it is safe to do so
• If ill, do not come to class
• If you need to leave early, notify the instructor prior to class
• Make-up lessons for cancelled classes during the semester will be scheduled predominately on a scheduled day determined by 4M Dance Centre Management.
• We will strive to announce make-up dates as soon as possible. Combined-level workshops and master classes may be offered as make-up lessons.
• As a part of our efforts to become a paperless facility, 4M Dance Centre will use Facebook, Instagram, emails and website to sends news to all families with information about upcoming events, new developments, and any pertinent information about the studio.
• We ask that families read these newsletters as they contain helpful calendar reminders, new opportunities for our students, and other important information.
• We work very hard to keep you informed by e-mailing a monthly newsletter and updating our Website. However, it is your responsibility to keep up to date by reading newsletters, e-mails, and checking the information board and Website.
• If you have a question about 4M Dance Centre, please do not ask instructors during or in-between classes. Please visit our website or drop us an email, or in case of both instructors being in the premises one of us we will be more than happy to help you with any questions. The Instructors have a very tight schedule and are not able to meet with parents during class because it can use up valuable class time.
• If you need to talk personally to an instructor, please schedule an appointment so that they can give you their full attention.
• 4M Dance Centre will usually follow the Irish Local News decision on class cancellation for bad weather.
• We will send an email/ post in social media with reasonable time if class is cancelled. 4M Dance Centre reserves the right to cancel classes at our discretion. We will not put any child or instructor in danger due to weather.
• The studio will be closed for the following Holidays unless showcase or competition are taking place. In that case Mondays the studio will be open for rehearsal and preparation purposes. Prior notice will be given.
• First week of January
• St. Patrick's Day (17 March)
• Easter Monday
• First Monday in May, June, August
• Last Monday in October
• Christmas Week
• Please be careful of conversation topics because there are many “little ears” around.
• Please do not talk about adult topics, other dancers or parents, or instructors. This is not appropriate for the lobby area.
• If you have a problem regarding the instructors, other students, or parents, please see a manager to discuss it. By talking about it in waiting area you are undermining the instructor’s authority or hurting the feelings of other dancers and their parents.
• Please help us to promote the most positive environment and make everyone feel welcome.
• We may on occasion take photographs and/or video for publicity of 4M Dance Centre classes or shows and may want to share them on social media with care and attention that you would expect and/or for record keeping or for casting purposes.
• To reduce the risk of inappropriate use of images only images deemed suitable will be used.
• Anyone with any complaints about images posted on our website and facebook page can speak to a member of the staff.
• When a new student is signed in 4M Dance Centre, the application would become part of our students file which will be kept in 4M Dance Centre. All personal details will be kept on this file including current address, telephone number, emergency contact details, etc.
• You are required to notify a 4M Dance Centre Management of any change in personal details, e.g. address, telephone number, etc, so we can keep our records up to date and contact you if necessary.
• 4M Dance Centre makes every effort to ensure that all students data is retained in a manner which is accurate and relevant and is kept securely at all times.
• 4M Dance Centre staff members are not at liberty to enter conversation with or disclose any information to parents relating to other students. Student’s information is confidential and retained in a secure database.
• A fee is charged for each period students are enrolled in.
• Fees for classes are paid in the first week of each new billing period.
• The price list and the timetable are available in the studio and website.
• Payment can be made in person in the first week of the new billing period
• The payer will receive both verbal and written notice if payment has not been received in accordance with these terms and conditions.
• The Studio reserves the right to charge a late payment fee if the fee remains unpaid after the first class of a new term.
• Refunds will not be given for non-attendance and will only be provided in exceptional circumstances.
• The Studio reserves the right at any time during the term to ask students to leave a class if any fees are overdue.
• Students are requested to give one term's notice if they wish to withdraw from classes.
It is important to know that dance training is a lifetime of repetition. The science of dance is simple, we use repetition to lengthen larger muscles and repetition to strengthen smaller muscles. While you might think your dancer is learning something over and over, that is the point.
Here at 4M Dance Centre we focus on the small details that make our dancer’s technique the best in the area. Technique is the hardest part of dance training. It’s not about learning choreography or steps, it is the progression of muscle development and alignment a dancer has while executing a step. This is often a difficult concept for young dancers to understand which in turn sometimes makes it even harder for parents, but please trust us.
Shipping cost is €5.95 all over Ireland. Delivery will be by An Post and will be expected in within 1-3 working days. Please contact us for delivery options outside of Ireland.
Click & Collect
If click and collect is chosen as your delivery option your order will be available for collection at the studio in business hs.
Unwanted or unsuitable goods can be returned within 14 days of receipt as long as the goods are in perfect condition and in their original packaging. Prior to returning the item, please contact us to to ensure the item is accurately tracked upon return. We recommend you return your item using a delivery company with a tracking service to be absolutely sure the items arrive back to our returns section.
Claims for damages or shortages must be made within 7 days of receipt.
“The beginner student wants to take the intermediate class. The intermediate student wants to take the advanced class. The advanced student wants to work with the professionals. The professionals want to go back to the basics.” - Unknown